Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review of eBook-The 4 Hours Body



We grew up knowing the three cardinal rules on how to stay healthy - eat the right food, exercise at least 30 minutes a day, and get the right amount of sleep. Much has been said about these basic health principles; many books have been written and various diet standards were borne out of it. Time and again, many of these weight loss fad diets remained just that - fads that fizzle out because they offer only short term, unsustainable effects to the bodies.

What then, does one make of a health philosophy that ostensibly defies what we all grew up on? At first glance, Tim Ferriss', The 4-Hour Body, seemed to me like another one of those. Among other things, his book aims to teach:

How to prevent fat gain while binging
• How to sleep 2 hours per day and still feel fully rested
• How to pay for a beach vacation with one hospital visit


When I saw this, I was initially skeptic. Come on Tim Ferris! Is this really what you're trying to sell to us? And just so I can personally conclude whether or not this book should just stay on the shelves, or something that I can personally talk about and recommend to friends, I got a copy and read it from cover to cover.

Lo and behold, for someone like me who is constantly questioning and is cynical, was swayed, or for stronger emphasis, converted! I was won over by Tim Ferriss' The 4-Hour Body. The rationale behind his PAGG supplement made complete sense to my usually doubtful mind. Why? This is the only weight loss pill we really need and he thoroughly explained how the PAGG stack formula works for the body day and night. And just recently he tweeted why Green Tea Flavanol should not be taken at bedtime; prudent and sensible, really. Regardless that it is decaffeinated, it can still cause sleeplessness, aka insomnia.

In The 4-Hour Body, Tim Ferriss' fat loss advices are simple:

How to lose pounds (100+ pounds or the last 5-10 pounds with odd combinations of food and safe chemical cocktails.
• How to increase fat-loss 300% using temperature manipulation
• How to gain muscle pounds in 28 days, without using steroids


What strengthened my belief in Tim Ferriss' The 4-Hour Body is when his principles went beyond mere weight loss and went on to include the other aspects of our physical bodies. For a while, my skeptic alarm rang when he started talking about sex, orgasm and sperm counts! Yet, I was held by his writing style that was candid and forthright. What he said indeed made sense and I can't wait to be an expert on the 15-minute female orgasms.

I am a Tim Ferriss believer now, and after reading the book, I intend to (1) rave about it to my friends, and (2) personally try out most of the practical tips and advice he gave. Although "The 4-hour Body" may seem to promise a lot, it's the transition and overhaul of lifestyle that I deem will sustain and deliver everything that is said in there.

I'll start with the most basic and practical contents of The 4-Hour Body:
1. Avoid white curbs
2. Eat the same few meals over and over again
3. Don't drink calories
4. Don't eat fruit
5. Take one day off per week.