Thursday, May 19, 2011

Get Wealth by Relaxing?


Relax Into Wealth, How to Get More by Doing Less, just mentioning the title of this book one can only smile and think of a calm and leisure experience of enjoying life while allowing the abundant wealth available to arrive at his or her door.

Combine Alan Cohen's compelling title with the cover art of a beautiful beach view with a hammock in which to sit while overlooking a beautiful blue ocean with a white sand beach and I can certainly tell you, I was curious enough to buy!

My excitement and anticipation was great as I read through the entire book enjoying Alan's stories and writing and ideas and completely ignored the workbook-type questions at the end of each chapter. Like most readers, I was looking for the quick answer to my wealth dilemmas, reading and skimming while searching for the answer to wealth and prosperity!

Did I find the quick answer?

Like most important things in life. No. I did not; yet I did find and learn some much more important personal lessons. Like all good lessons, lessons I didn't even realize I needed to learn - for me life-changing lessons.

I have to say, hands down that I found Alan Cohen's book Relax Into Wealth, the best book I have ever read on the subject of money. I love this book and let me tell you why:

1. The book is written very personally. I have not read any other books by Alan Cohen to know if this is just his writing style but there is something very comforting about reading a book about wealth and finances and money that is written as personally as this book. Something about his writing is very trusting and very, very real.

2. The stories and ideas and chapter activities are very thought provoking in a change your mind sort of way - a way that made me think about money very, very differently and it is known that if you want to change your life, you have to change your life and if you want to change your life, you have to change your thinking. Honestly, my thinking and my life has been changed by reading this book. Those are the best sort of books in my book.

3. As printed on the back cover "Nothing pays like . . . being yourself. Well, not only did my thinking change but I really made some major life career/financial decisions while reading this book. One of the biggest surprises that I got out of this read was that I really got clear about my purpose in my life and it has been with me ever since reading the book. I know what I want to do with me to build my wealth.

4. The book has great short chapters with workbook questions at end of each chapter. This style of writing makes the lessons very interactive and I found that I remember the teachings and ideas about dealing with money because of how it is written in an interactive style as I am sure the writer intended.

In summary, this book is a wonderful read for anyone desiring to know and acquire wealth in their lives. It's not a formula or a technique but it does inspire some very interesting personal ideas which can lead you to your financial destiny.